Holiday Makeup Tips
The holidays are a time to indulge. We over do it with the food, wine, presents, and even with our makeup. To avoid looking like some scary Christmas clown, read these holiday beauty dos and don’ts. Scroll down to watch my Holiday Makeup How-To Tutorial. Here are my Holiday Makeup Tips to look festive and polished this holiday season:
- Pick one feature to accentuate. I can remember going to a work Christmas party where I went for a black smokey eye, with silver glitter liner, and crimson red, glossy lips. When my date picked me up, he immediately told me I needed to tone down my makeup. Although he was an asshole, he was right. Choose only one feature to highlight.
- Be bold. While keeping in mind my suggestion above, the Christmas season is a time to be daring. Go for sparkle and rich tones. Try a metallic eyeshadow, deep-wine coloured lipstick or gold glitter eyeliner.
- Wash your face. You’ll be heading to a lot of holiday parties, which equals a lot of boozy late nights. I’m sure you’ll be tempted to just fall asleep with your makeup on, but take 4 minutes to wash it off before you turn in. The heavier holiday makeup will cause more breakouts on your skin. Make it easy to remove by using a makeup wipe. Drink a full glass of water before bed and you’ll wake up fresh as a daisy!
I made this easy holiday makeup tutorial for beginners to create a stunning glam makeup look. Watch this holiday makeup how-to tutorial for more holiday makeup tips.
List of Makeup Products Used:
Tip: If you don’t want to buy three individual products to achieve the holiday smokey eye consider getting some holiday makeup sets. You can buy the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette and use Extra Bitter, Lethal, and Blow.
- MAC Peaches Blush or Extra Bitter from the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette using Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Crease Brush #31
- MAC Swiss Chocolate Eye Shadow or Lethal from the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette using Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Crease Brush #31 and under eye with Sephora Collection Pro Smudge Brush #11
- MAC Shroom Eye Shadow or Blow from the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette using Sephora Collection Pro Small Shadow Brush #15
- MAC Gold Pigment Powder or Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Vintage Black Gold using Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush and blend with NARS Blending Eyeshadow Brush #42
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Eyeliner
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara
- MAC Illuminating Powder or MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Light Fusion Highlighter in Golden in Pink using Sephora Collection Classic Must Have Foundation Brush #10
- MAC Blush Cubic or Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Bloom using Sephora Collection Classic Mus Angled Blush Brush
- Katy Kat Matte by COVERGIRL in Maroon Meow or Buxom Bold Gel Lipstick in Vampy Plum
These products also make great Christmas holiday beauty gift ideas. So get your Christmas shopping done by clicking the links above.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
What did you think of this holiday makeup how-to tutorial? What are some of your best holiday makeup tips? Leave me a comment below!
If you liked this article and you wanted to tell your friends about it, please share this post using the sharing buttons below!
Do you want to be a Parisian chic mom? Do you want to unleash your inner stylish mom? Subscribe to Oui C’est Chic via email at the top of the page for more tips on effortlessly chic living for busy moms delivered right to your inbox.
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to connect with you. Follow Oui C’est Chic on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Please REPIN this image and share with your friends.
You may also like Best Liquid Eyeliners + Liquid Liner Video Tutorial and 5 Minute Beach Waves Hair Tutorial for Busy Moms.