Winter sucks for your skin. Literally. It literally sucks the moisture right out of your skin, leaving your face looking dull, tired and dry.
Living in Ottawa, Canada where winter lasts – no joke, six months of the year, I have had to learn how to adapt to my climate and find a way to make my skin look healthy and fresh year round.
I created a light reflecting makeup routine to capture glowing skin even in the winter. Scroll down to watch my step-by-step video tutorial and for a look at my favourite hydrating skincare and makeup products from Sephora and how to use them.
Light Reflecting Makeup: Step-by-Step Guide
1. Brightening Skincare and Foundation
Hydrate your skin with a light-weight serum and nourishing eye gel. Then apply a tinted moisturizer for extra dewiness and a light reflecting makeup corrector. If you want to see how ridiculously dark my circles are and how I manage to make them look like this, watch my tutorial on Beauty Tips for Dark Circles.
- Caudalie Vino Source Serum
- Amore Pacific Rejuventating Eye Serum
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Natural Radiance
- Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
- Concealer Brush
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Crème Brûlée
2. Contouring and Blush
Once you have your glowing base applied, get started on some light contouring and highlighting. I topped off this step with a light reflecting makeup blush by Too Faced for a natural flush.
- Sephora dual Shape & Highlight Brush
- Tarteist PRO Glow Contour and Highlight Palette by Tarte in Sculpt
- Tarteist PRO Glow Contour and Highlight Palette by Tarte in Stunner
- Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Sparkling Bellini
3. Under-Eye Brightener
Because of my insane dark circles, I always apply a luminizer overtop of my concealer and set with powder.
4. Light Reflecting Makeup: Highlighting Tutorial
Now the fun part, giving yourself a gorgeous glow! I used a fan brush and the Strobe shade in Tarte’s palette (see below). Scroll to the next photo for a step-by-step highlighting tutorial.
How to Apply Highlighter
- Using the Sephora fan brush sweep Strobe across the cheekbones.
- Using a small flat brush, apply to brow bone.
- Apply a thin line down the bridge of your nose.
- Apply in a ‘V’ shape above above Cupid’s Bow.
- Apply small dab just above the chin.
I finished off this look with a Tinted Hydrating Lip Balm in Lollibalm by Benefit Cosmetics.
You glow girl!
Disclaimer: This post contains sponsored content and affiliate links.
Click the links above to have these products delivered right to your door! Remember, Sephora offers free shipping and returns on orders over $50.
Are you keen to test out this list of light reflecting makeup for glowing skin? Leave a comment or join the conversation on Facebook.
Be sure to check out my video tutorial on Beauty Tips for Dark Circles.
If you want to take this makeup look one step further, I also have a video on Dramatic Eye Makeup Tips.
Connect with Oui C’est Chic on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.